Monday 21 September 2009

Snot loves me.

It's true, snot loves me. If there's a bug in town, I will catch it. No doubt.


As I'm getting older, I've learned to live with it and seek positivity in lying on my uncomfortable couch, watching daytime television. Which is quite an accomplishment (if I may say so myself). As I move from the couch, to the computer, to the kitchen (in this specific order) I get a chance to think about my life and make some plans and lists. I find good ways to occupy myself, I really do.

If you're sick now, here's a list from a pro. This is not useful if you have a MAD flu and are sweating from the fever and all. It's more for the throat things and the nose-colds.

1.Read a book. Something with preferably a funny plot. Because laughing has about the same effect as vitamin c. I recommend anything by Christopher Moore. I love the dude and anything he writes cracks me up.

2.Shop online. Don't overdo it, but it never hurts to start hunting for that one missing record in your collection. Or start downloading legally here. You have loads of time, so why not?

3.Watch youtube. You already knew this off course. But perhaps you haven't seen this online documentary about Gorgoroth. It's a riot. Gaahl is awesome, he looks the way that I feel.

4.Cook something. Food is the highlight of the day (if you're able to keep it inside) so make sure that it's good food. I like soup. No chewing, little digesting, just perfect! This is a favorite (I'd leave out the cream) and this is a classic.

5.Don't google your symptoms. You'll go crazy, especially if you search for images. For example; this is what I've got if I'd believe google image (iieeuww).

6.Share the pain. Call people. Let them know that you're sick and pray for lots of attention and various fruitbaskets. But don't infect them or they'll never come again. Or Listen to the song below and take comfort in the fact that even rockstars get the flu.

Duchess Says - I've got the flu Get it here
.

No comments:

Post a Comment