Saturday 4 December 2010

Kinda newsworthy

For some reason I lately enjoy listening to the Dutch radio's news channel while working. I think it's the voices of the people chattering away that make me feel like I have company (uhm this sounds pretty pathetic..). They play only one song per hour or so, and usually it's pretty middle of the road. With a startle I realized that now that I'm completely up to date with what's going on in the real world, I might be losing touch with what's happening in the world of music! So I hurried myself online and put up a search for new musical input. I hereby present you some of my findings. Not all tunes are "fresh from the press", but in my opinion they're still newsworthy.









Aloe Blacc - I Need A Dollar (Ft. Wu-Tang Clan)(Chrome Remix) . Get it here (YSI).
Love love love this song and love it even more now.











Gil Scott-Heron and Jamie xx - NY is Killing Me. Get it here (YSI).
An album is on its way!









Bon Iver and St. Vincent - Roslyn. Get it here (YSI).
Definitely not a current affair (2009), but what the heck, this song is beautiful.

10 comments:

  1. thx for putting our mix up here, too bad you chose your own title. made keanu reeves sad!

    drop some shine for us remixers, else its /b/ but thx anyways

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no way, the Aloe Blacc x Wu Tang is yours! Sorry, I didn't know.. I'll rename it straight away 'cause you definitely deserve some shine, love the track!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! i can't download thoses files, can you fix it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't download Roslyn either :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry guys, the download limit was 'exhausted'. I've uploaded them again and will look into alternatives for hosting the files.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thx, 4 renaming. ps @nana - if your having trouble hosting your mp3s. get at me. you know the website + contact. cheers;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. no way ive been banging on about the first 2 songs 4 ages, first mix ive heard

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://www.nannakoekoek.com/audio/I%20Need%20A%20Dollar%20%28Ft.%20Wu-Tang%20Clan%29.mp3

    d/l with quicktime pro.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovin' the Aloe Blacc song, I wish I could download it :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Jamie Xx and Gil Scott-Heron track! I have a few hard to find mp3s of Jamie Xx and Scott-Heron. If you click my name, you can have them too!

    Love the blog, i'll be back. Much Love

    ReplyDelete