Thursday 5 March 2009

HERE WE GO!!


O yeahhh, Dutch Dolls’ first blog post! We’ll share with you our latest musical findings, keep you posted on events, DJ-gigs and exhibitions, show you our latest creations and bore you with everything else that’s on our mind . We hope you enjoy!! Alrighty, here we go…

When I moved to Cardiff about six months ago I was thrilled to learn one of my favorite blogs is actually based here: Chromekids. Check them out when you’re into grime, dubstep, (Welsh) hip hop, Bmore and all that. Last night these guys DJed in 10 Feet Tall here in Caerdydd, along with South Rakkas Crew. This Crew has worked with all the best dancehall artists (like Beenie Man, Elephant Man, Lady Saw, Sizzla and many more), so I thought I’d check them out. Unfortunately not that many people turned up . The party was far from steaming, but
the tunes were gooood and British gals dance anyway (drunk on their 10+ cm high heels), so it turned out to be an entertaining night after all…

While I was going through the previous posts at the Chromekids blog I came across a post on free maxi single by Th' Mole featuring the awesome Warrior Queen. It also included a remix by Mochipet. I’m very happy to see Mochipet doing VERY well, since he nearly went bankrupt when his brand-new-bought-on-credit-laptop got stolen in Rotterdam’s own Warung Mini a couple of years ago!
You can download the maxi single from the Daly City Records site here. I dig it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment