Tuesday 30 June 2009

Still sobbing over Michael


It hit me like a ton of bricks last friday; Michael Jacksons death. I have to even admit that I sobbed. Yesyes, I did.
I wasn't going to blog about it because I figured that the blogs would be swamped with stories about the King of Pop. But whatever, I just feel like paying some respect.

He was a true hero, an innovator. Not a lyrical one, but the ultimate songwriter with the ultimate vision. I respect people with strong ideas and opinions, because it's so easy to get sidetracked. All music junkies of my generation will admit at some point that they had a special moment in their life and that that special moment was linked to a MJ song in some way. I have moments like that. Being a little girl, dancing in front of the TV when 'toppop' was on. Trying to copy Michaels moves together with my sis. Then my early twenties, as a hardcore clubber battling my co-clubbers on some oldschool hiphop track, that would eventually be followed by Don't Stop Till You Get Enough. Popping and locking and flirting our asses off! And we never did get enough, nor will we ever get enough in the future. Because where there's a party, there will be Michael Jackson. This stuff is timeless, your future kid might loose it's virginity to I Just Can't Stop Loving You.... Yes, That is a possibility. Scary? No. Good.

To make this slightly sentimental blogpost somewhat cheerful. I'm leaving you with this very funny hindi-version of Don't Stop Till You Get Enough. Now that you know I'm a true fan, you'll know I'm not mocking MJ with this.

Usha Uthup - Chhupke Kaun Aya. Get it here (YSI).

No comments:

Post a Comment