Sunday 14 June 2009

When did heartache become so much fun?


Yesyes, we've blogged about La Roux before, I know. But I just LOOOVE this song called Quicksand - for sometimes, I'm in it too..

This UK-based act consists of two people; the lovely redhead Elly Jackson and her co-writer/producer Ben Langmaid. Their sound is not one I've never heard before and goes hand-in-hand with acts like Little Boots, Jenny Wilson and Sally Shapiro, so is best described as
eighties style synthpop, with a female singer and lots of catchy hooks and melodies.
So why am I obsessed with this song, if it's not that original anyway? I think it's mainly the voice which screams despair and gives me goosebumps. Not surprisingly, an up and down relationship was the inspiration for the whole album. Pfff, love stinks, but it makes wonderful songs! You might say that these lyrics come STRAIGHT from the heart but are not too complicated or sentimental at all. I can relate but they also make me wanna boogie! When did heartache become so much fun?

I'm hooking you up with every possible remix of the song that I could find. So you can listen to it in many ways... Enjoy!!

La Roux – Quicksand. Get it here (YSI).


La Roux – Quicksand (Mad Decent RMX). Get it here (YSI).

La Roux – Quicksand (Chateau Marmont RMX). Get it here (YSI).

La Roux – Quicksand (Joe And Will Ask? RMX). Get it here (YSI).

1 comment:

  1. La Roux is great, can't wait for the album! (there's also a second Mad Decent remix of Quicksand, check it out)

    ReplyDelete