Monday 20 April 2009

How bugs taste

Today, I swallowed a bug. A big one.

How does that happen, you ask. Well.. it's easy. I was riding my bike, faking unintelligence (read: my mouth was hanging open). I didn't realize that I was doing this until something flew inside the hangar. While gathering spit to try and swallow it, I was thinking what kind of bug it could have been. It didn't have a massive body, It didn't sting me, I don't think it was furry, but it DID have a lot of paws. I could tell, 'cause I think the bug left some in my throat while the rest of it went down my gullet. The paws stayed in my throat until I ate something chunky: bread.

At home, the internet gave me some answers to the question 'but what did it look like'? Below, you can see some of the species you are most likely to swallow when you do as I did. They're quite hideous, especially up close..



As I write this, the bug is most likely digested. But the image of the insect being in my throat, struggling for it's life is stuck in my head. Therefor, I'm thinking about a Bug that I like. A real noisy one. One with a buzzing bass that a million flies could not produce.

The Bug - Warning (feat. Flowdan) (YSI) Get it here

No comments:

Post a Comment