Tuesday 12 May 2009

here come the girls

It's time we put some more music up here! Thing is, I’ve got a soft spot for female vocalists. No matter what genre, indie, hard rock, soul, hip hop, I dig it. Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not into EVERY female singer (Celine D., Lady Gaga, Within Temptation... God forbid!). But two women who do combine a great sound with a great voice are Zarif and VV Brown. They’re both based in London, they're both in their early 20's (23 and 24) and they both draw on 60's soul, funk, girl groups and doo-wop. They mix it with 80's pop and indie respectively to create tunes that are going to be MASSIVE in 2009. I'm telling you!!

Zarif - Let Me Back. Get it here (YSI).

Zarif - Let Me Back (Toddla T feat Mr. Versatile Mix).
Get it here (YSI).


VV Brown - Quick Fix. Get it here (YSI).

No comments:

Post a Comment