Sunday 24 May 2009

These beats drive me MAD

But mad in a good way..

Even though I highly respect beatwizzard Amon Tobin for the mad skills, I'm not a big fan of technique for the technique. Give me something to bounce my head to in a way that doesn't give me a whiplash, thank you.

But when the wizzard gets dancy with UK-based producer Joe 'Doubleclick' Chapman, the soundexplosions are much more organised and magic happens. Together, they are known as Two Fingers and they bring a superdark yet delicate sound with a minimum input, well chosen silences and AWESOME vocals. These beats... pffff.... I can't stand 'em, they're so perfect. The collaboration with grimey rapper/producer Sway and female MC ms. Jade (a.o.) work really well too. Even though I really love it, I had to switch it off when I first heard it - too amazing. But oow hell yeah, once I can handle it, I'm gonna buy myself a copy of this one. I hereby promise to play a Two Fingers track once a day!

Two Fingers feat. Sway - What you Know get it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment