Thursday 2 July 2009

this weekend in Roffa


Although I have no regrets about leaving Rotterdam to set out on great adventures abroad, I sometimes dearly wish I was still there... So many great people, so many good friends, lots of fun stuff going on, and let's not forget it's the city where they invented the KAPSALON (shoarma, fries, metled cheese, salad and garlic sauce)!
I miss it.

Take this weekend for example...

On Friday Dutch Doll Geeske's musical collabaration with Auke, TERROR DORKS, will make its debut at Worm!! Auke is the beatmaster and Geeske is on vocals, owww yeah! She's been sending me some lyrics and they are absolutely hilarious!! I just know this song about the KAPSALON is going to be catchy as hell. I can't believe I'm going to miss this! All together this whole Beniworm evening sounds excellent: 'open sauce' barbecue, inflatable objects, more music and cold beer... Mmmm. I wish I could just teletransport myself!

Then on Saturday Antistrot presents the mural they've been working on at the espresso bar in Museum Boijmans van Beuningen. They'll start off with some performances at 14.00. I think you should prepare for the worst. I overheard a bit of the soundtrack for it, and it had something to do with 'Mannenkoor Karrespoor'... Then at 15.30 it's time for boozing as the mural will be disclosed. Read some in depth information about this artists collective at the Boijmans website (great it includes the word 'onderbroekenlol').

While you're in the neighborhood, why don't you hop over to the MK Gallery in the Witte de Withstraat, where Pim Palsgraaf has an opening (more free booze!) at 16.00. Maybe you'll be able to spot parts of the stuffed seagull and the stuffed pheasant, that were once hanging in my living room, in his art works.

Well have fun you guys, I'll be thinking of you...

No comments:

Post a Comment